Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Training

5k Results:
Norwell Turkey Trot
Kevin O'Brien 22:24.1, 2nd in age group
Andrew Knapp 22:46, 3rd in age group (PR)
Nikki Hilliard 30:53.8
Sri Vallabhaneni 31:39.7

Dallas Running Club 5k
John Tang 25:14, 2nd in age group (PR)
Lisa Tang 28:27, 3rd in age group

Sunday:
Not too much to report on training, just trying to fit training in with my life/work. Sunday's 16 has been bumped to Tuesday since working the weekend meant I'd have to wake up at 5 if I wanted to. 3rd shifts and no sleep = Tuesday.

Doing the math in my head, if I follow the plan, I'd run 16 Tuesday, 17 Sunday, and for the week be at 50+. Keep in mind, 45 is the most I've done in a 7-day span and these two long runs will be insta-longest runs in my life. What do I have to do? Shut off my brain and trust my legs (then bury them in ice).

Also, Lunaracer+'s, like all Nikes, look amazing. As far as the feel so far, my feet may be too wide for em.

Tuesday:
East Bay Bike Path 16, the good, the bad, and the ....ok?

The Bad News:
East Bay Bike Path is closed until APRIL 2012. So I had to make due and run around East Providence/ Providence.

Bikers can't read signs; they are supposed to walk their bikes across the bridge that connects India Point to East Bay (oh yeah, I crossed that bridge).

I can go 2 hours before I need a bathroom break.



The Good News:

12 miles in and I had to drive to my gym for said bathroom break. What should happen next?

Rain.

16 miles, new longest run and it feels great.

Encouraging honking from a female makes the rolling hills of the official Scenic Route Veterans Memorial Parkway easier.

Knapp was right; Gu gummies midway helped (even if it was a placebo effect). Time to stock up this weekend.



The ... OK/Usual News:
The last 4 miles were on the treadmill so it wasn't a continuous 16 (if it was, I would have needlessly lost a pair of good shorts and underpants).

A triathlete looking guy (does that make most of us uni-athletes?) ran around with low T-Rex hands.

Spumoni ice cream and lack of quality of sleep due to a Breaking Bad marathon is not a solid plan pre-long run.

1 comment: