Monday, April 11, 2011

6 months relatively injury free could only mean one thing, or the least catchy title

This Saturday I planned on running 15-16 miles to psychologically tell myself that a half marathon this time around would mean a PR I could be proud of. As I ran to the east side of Providence and ran up and down Blackstone 3 times, the outside part of my left foot started hurting. Now that I realize the bigger picture is more important than finishing a training run, I walked 3 miles back to the west side so that I could google what just happened.

Self diagnosing myself as always, it appears as it is peroneal tendonitis.
Running on sloped surfaces? Check.
Left foot pronation? Check.
Piling on miles? Check.

Cure? Rest, ice, elevation, using a makeshift roller on the outside lower leg portion. At this point, I pretty much have to roll my entire left side of my leg to work out all the knots. I am going to take it cautiously this week and run short distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment