Sunday, April 24, 2011

Half a fortnight away

No gimmicky bib #s this year folks;
3885 Lisa Tang
3886 Aaron Tang
3888 John Tang (three 8's in chinese is good luck)


It seems as though I only write in this thing when I get a new tweak or a pain here or there. Well, a week before my best shot at a half PR (since it will be a home court advantage) and I get a little patellar tendonitis in my right knee. I am just going to collect every runner's pain so that I can be a warning to everyone else.

This weekend, I figured out that I can gallop without too much pain so I can finish the race sans PR dreams minus a miracle on my knee. Who knows, gallop the first part of the race then maybe my knee will be loose.

After this half, I am thinking about joining a gym and working out my legs, glutes, and core while maxing out my runs at 5 miles/day for a month in rehab mode.

Also, tapering/ not running sucks; I have eaten everything in my apartment and feel pudgy around the midsection.

Enough of me blabbering, what does this mean for you? I am a walking warning for all of you to stretch and strengthen your body, not just run all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment