Saturday, March 5, 2011

South County Bike Path



It seems as though I am on a mission to review a Rhode Island running path every weekend.

I wouldn't normally make the cross country road trip of 45 minutes down to South County but I had a pow wow with members Nikki and Erica at Brewed.

Nikki and I, with running gear in tow (that's how you know you are a runner), decided that the weather called for breaking in the South County Bike Path. Today's run featured a warm up with Nikki for a little less than 3 miles since she has been on hiatus. She's definitely faster than the first square one trial run.

The immature part of me (99% of my make up) laughed at the horn blowing alarm for the south that I haven't heard in 2 years.

Thanks to her, I made my way through mostly continuous trail, save for the 5-10 crossings. I hit a bit of a wall at mile 8 but wanted to keep going in part to catching wind of Knapp tackling a 15 miler. It also helped to get in to racing mentality by basically running down all ahead of me.

As I passed my car at the 10 mile mark, I decided to tack on an extra 5k with only my new thin gloves and beanie on for warmth which made me feel like a legit runner for some reason (delusions of grandeur must've hit me at this point). I saved enough energy to pass some runners and even finished with two 400s on the Curtis Middle School track for good measure.

Not pictured:
Unicyclist. Yup.
Mario going down a green tube.


honeycomb statue?

peace dale sign


train station


about a mile from the train station:



1 comment:

  1. whaaaa??? i've never even NOTICED those before! awesome.

    ReplyDelete