Tuesday, February 22, 2011

East Bay Bike Path and Saturday's running terrible joke(s)



East Bay Bike Path

Tuesday:
The Adventures of Knapp and Tang continue on to the (confusingly signed) East Bay Bike Path. While the ice rinks on top of the path were barely walkable, the potential of the path was met with smiles. There's a mansion to envy, views that transport you to another time, and that sense of exploration that I love? Sparked again.
Port-a-pottie in the middle? Saved again.






running glove in the picture for perspective

mansion's pavilion
epic mansion


duck headquarters
swans aplenty


East Bay Bike Path aka the old railroad line

Saturday:
Despite Knapp's ice warning, I ventured out to the east side where I realized that I missed my turn so I took a perfect 90 degree right turn (you can break your protractors out to measure it) and as I planted my foot, I managed to step right on to a small patch of ice made of evil. So I took my first fall, right on to my right leg and walked 3 miles back home with blood trickling down my leg. Immediately after, I felt a (in the words of Michael Scott) protuberance.

While walking, I was stopped on Westminster when a 'Bulletproof' knock-off dialogue ensued with an Adam Sandler and a Wayans bro stand-in:

"High" dudes: Hey where's Vegas?
Tang: ...what.
"High" dudes: Las Vegas.
Tang: You're in Rhode Island.
"High" dudes: Long Island?
Tang: :walks away:

And the icing on the cake?

Rastafarian mailman







Pictured on the East Side: Eames Street

No comments:

Post a Comment