Sunday, February 13, 2011

In the Long Run: Stocks, Igloos, the future, records


I will have to note, I am writing this post-run and I must either be hitting that runner's high or delirious from having done the longest training run. I am even resting frozen bags of vegetables on my knees.

Miles leaders for the year, Knapp and Tang, decided to try 14 miles around the Providence area. Ice is still abound and wind crept up out of nowhere as we covered the world of finance, along with the Packers recent surge. But for the most part, it was two dudes tackling what ended up as 12.5 miles of hills on a Sunday in February, concentrating on the race ahead, as a couple of snow flakes dropped from the sky to make it straight out of a Hollywood montage. Of note, there is no way I could train for a marathon since we ran out of real estate doing just 12.5 miles.

Spotted: Igloo on Taber St.


In other news:

I caught Gattaca, a 1997 sci-fi movie about the future and how they do a treadmill test on their promising astronaut/ engineers. Weak, 20 minutes and people dropped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment