Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Training Notes

I read about a recent race in Vegas that got crappy reviews and I'm glad Knapp chose this one.

Running half a long run with people is so in. Saturday's 20 miler was split into an 8 with the Cumberland crew and 12 solo. The last 1/3 was spent around race pace.

Michael Scott was in search of the next golf course for business meetings. Chili's and an awesome blossom?

No sir, it's long runs. Long runs have been where I've been conducting business.



Stats geeks who may read this (fantasy baseball cough), I share your love of numbers now that I wear my HR monitor strap to and from runs.

While driving: 60s for my HR
post run: 70s

need to conduct more activities with said HR monitor/bra strap.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a beast tang, every time I hear about a run of yours its over 18 miles. You're gonna pwn this race.

    I've never worn that heart rate bra strap, i might try it out

    I've got 16, 15 these next 2 saturdays before my 22 on 1/7, then down to 18 then tapering for the race, can't believe how close the race is.

    After my lackluster start and my new gear I changed up my training so that I run somewhere between 11-13 on Tuesday, Yasso's on Weds and the long run Saturday. I'm hoping that the extra days off will keep my legs rested (so far so good) because I was having "dead leg" issues.

    ReplyDelete