Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What's in the Ear Buds

With the recent jump in to the 21st century by myself, I figured I would try podcasts again as recommended by my fellow runners. I gave Adam Carolla, NPR, and Marathon Talk (episode 85 features Bart Yasso) a try.

good idea: running speed workouts.

great idea: Yasso 800s aka 10 X 800.

meta idea: Doing Yasso 800s with Bart Yasso on the iPod.

bad idea: running after eating a dinner featuring salmon.


All in all a good experiment but I may still be partial to my run playlist. Plus, I got to stick with what I've been doing for most of my training.

1 comment:

  1. YES, giving the ACE man a chance, awesome you gotta listen to him regularly, that's the best podcast out there (and I've listened to 10's of podcasts). He's hilarious, Uustal introduced me to that podcast when it started up almost 3 years ago, and I havent missed an episode since. I listen to podcasts (ACE, the Film Vault and BS Report) during my run runs, but i always listen to music for the yasso's and during the race i'll listen to music.

    You should try some Yasso 1600's, i mix those in every 2 weeks, just do 5 1600's at the goal pace (your marathon finish time doubled), it's suposed to be an even better indicator of your finish time, and it's a nice workout

    ReplyDelete