Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 5: The Calm Before the Storm (and literally after a storm)

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher

While this quote begs you to run every day, for the love of God, don't. Better yet, plan your runs out instead. I like the plans Hal Higdon puts out since he, unlike most plans, explains it in lay man's terms. T minus 7 weeks.

And again, the plan does not dictate your life; your life dictates how the plan works around you.
Today, I got a bit of a shock.
Sri: Tang, I'm sorry...
Tang: [in head] oh shit what happened
Sri: I can't run this week.
Tang: [sigh of relief]

One. I am definitely not the coach.
Two. Again, life takes precedent over running.

No comments:

Post a Comment