Saturday, October 16, 2010

Team's 12 Miler

I. Running south of the border
II. Southern charm
III. Hammies minus eggs and sleep hygiene = Saturday morning
IV. realism vs idealism
V. LOST-like cameo appearance

I.
4 members ran south of the border (technically, east and technically, to the On The Border restaurant) and back for the 12 mile loop on Saturday. It was kind of exhilarating to get to the other side of town. After a couple of seconds of letting it all sink in, it was time to turn around and methodically run another 6 miles.

II.
With roughly two hours of no music, unencumbered thinking led me to experiment with the runner's wave/ greeting. My conclusions:

Generalization:
The slower the runner, the more likely they will greet you warmly.
If this is the case, I'm glad to join the 9 minute pace group.


III.
I need to get back on a 10-6 sleep cycle. (No problem tonight, I am sleeping as I type this at noon) 4 hours of sleep for the 12 miler was not as fun as the 10 I did on more sleep and around mile 2, my hamstrings started acting up. Which leads me to...


IV. Restructuring goals on the fly
Since this will be my first race over 3.1 miles, I think it is safe to assume some rookie mistakes may pop up such as my inability to keep an even pace. Because of this, this is where I am mentally at:
realistically: 2 hr half
ideally: 1:53 half
delusionally: 1:45 half

V.
The Dharmesh's (as Pat referred to him as on his trip to RI) dad woke me up around mile 10. It definitely throws you off when you see someone you would never think of a la LOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment