Sunday, January 9, 2011

The 'hood, Frees, Awards and Kanye



>>Kanye, Awards, Nikes, the 'Hood

For this weekend's long run, Sean, Knapp, and I ran through the hood to see Kevin for approximately 2 minutes. On the way we passed by the place where we bought our mattresses and along the way passed an astronomical amount of dog poo and snow hurdles.


The fascination with Nike Frees has been rekindled thanks to Sean's inquiry. I will second Knapp's recommendation to wear them for work if you stand a lot. I had some Sperry Top Siders on and that killed me standing all day. Frees? I could have stood for 24 hours.


My sister, who received an award( thanks to me) for 2nd place (even though she got 3rd), is being asked to return the award since they found hers. Honestly, could they just write 2nd on the other one and call it a day? Driving to Dallas from Plano is the equivalent of driving through all of Rhode Island.


Despite being way overplayed due to that facebook movie and the overall controversy around this dude, Kanye West's "Power" is my new go-to song for an extra kick.

Finally, does shoveling a parking lot count as cross training? I think it does.

1 comment:

  1. yeah shoveling def = cross training. I felt like I was gonna die this morning. Definitely didn't think I was that out of shape until today...

    ReplyDelete