Friday, November 5, 2010

T minus 48 hours

Looking at the drchalf.com site, I can't believe it is down to 2 days until the race.


On packet pickup, I realized that in terms of running stores in North Texas:


Run-On! in Richardson > Luke's Locker in Plano




The tapering week has turned in to a throw back to college thanks to my Marty McFly-like ability to not back down after a challenge at the University of Rhode Island and University of Texas at Arlington. All I can say is, whippersnappers these days.

This coupled with a less than pristine training year means one thing; I can actually enjoy this race. That's right, I am going in to this for the experience.

I'll do my usual Without Limits viewing the night before, chow down on some carbs, lay out all my racing gear, rock the huge headphones playing my running mixes, and roll up to this half for ... pure enjoyment.



In 2 days, the debuts of 5 team members means we'll be 5 half marathon medals heavier and tote another race report on the blog.



1 comment: