Friday, November 12, 2010

Thoughts from the Week


Karma, Trophies, The "off-season"


I.
To rectify leaving my sister at mile 3 and the subsequent pacing roller coaster I was on, I decided to pick up her award for taking 3rd in her age group. Turns out the only award left was a 2nd place award which is actually pretty sweet looking:




II.
I peeked at the 5k awards and they look the same. Now, if I was a trophy hunter, my best bet would be to enter in to the DRC 5k. I think all 5 of us could've placed. If I was a trophy hunter.




III.
Again, I am proud of everyone for their half marathon finishes. At the half way point, I thought to myself, Why in the heck am I running 13.1 miles? It took a lot of hard work for everyone to reach the finish line.

After 12 weeks preparing for the 13.1 miler, a lot of thoughts are swimming through my mind on what is next for everyone and myself.

I think there's a 5k at the end of November that should be do-able and then from there, I think I am going to go against the popular decision (Tang do something unorthodox? Go on) and run another 13.1 in the spring/ early summer time. Arbitrarily, I do not feel confident mentally in tackling a 26.2 until I meet my personal 5k and 13.1 goals.

Where's everyone going from here?

2 comments:

  1. Tang - first of all no one cares if you are confident mentally for Boston - you are running it.

    There's a 5k this weekend for me... going to go for a PR, shouldn't be too hard considering my bar is so damn low.

    Aside from that I think we discussed maybe doing the New Bedford Half in March as preparation for Boston. And pathetically enough I already have the rest of the year pretty much planned too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....also if it makes you feel any better, you and me could run it together at my slow-as-a-snail pace

    ReplyDelete