Friday, November 19, 2010

Thoughts from the Week

I. And the award for sappiest coach goes to...
II. ESPN's THE DECISION part deux
III. Chi-Town
IV. Aaron Tang the Sheep



1.
I was thinking I would go all hokey and award runners who had stellar years but somehow I managed to go even hokier and I realized that I really can not point to just one runner but a whole team that has improved vastly (*cue female audience "awwwwwww" reaction).

It really is scary the change that has happened in a year. We have a formidable top 5 group that can go sub 24 in the 5k. If only we all worked at the same corporation, we could smoke other sponsored teams.



2.
I will announce an hour long press conference to declare where I will train for next year.

Will I choose my hometown team that has had a recent string of sports failures? Or will I head further east to join the top 4 5k male runners? Will I make a juvenile Nike commercial with Don Johnson? We will find out come December.




3.
This is less than a year away, but organizing a trip to Chicago is bouncing around in my head. Not necessarily marathon/ running specific but for a Texas and Rhode Island meet and Chicago is in between more or less. If it just happens that Chicago has a marathon then, that would be a coincidence.




4.
While in a previous post I have gone against the grain and mentioned my reluctance to try a marathon, I think that I may have to give in and get an iPod shuffle. Anyone who knows me probably would be shocked to know I have been running sans music since leaving Providence.

1 comment:

  1. Give in tang, get a shuffle, I dont know how anyone can run more than 3 miles sans music/podcast. It'll definitely affect your marathon training and overall time.

    ReplyDelete