Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4 days out

Blackstone
When does it rain? (edited; I have running on the mind since it was 'run' instead of 'rain') The 30 minutes we are outside today.

Conspiracy theory: Brian gave us sore throats.
Fact of the day: Gleeks are fans of Glee, gleeking is spitting the way Bodie does on The Wire.







Two polar opposites.

Runners:
Brian (Free 5)
Tang (NB)
Sri (NB)
Knapp (shin splints) take a day off

I believe packet pick-up will go down Friday around 5 o'clock at the Westin in Providence. Anyone is welcome to join since it'll be tough to carry 18 of these things.

Tentatively, picking packets up 5pm on Friday.

Sunday:
Let's plan on everyone (who wants to NOT pay for parking and meet up with the team) meeting at our house at 9am. Talk, go to the bathroom, etc. Maybe eat a small breakfast/ meal of food before? (I'll brainstorm what I can pick up over the weekend--bananas, bagels, water) Walk down to the race around 10. Warm up around 10:45, race at 11:15.

So far, I'm picking up for:
Pat
Lauren
J Rad
C Barks & co
Souksanh & co
Sean

In the mean time, if you are continuing your running lives after this race, I recommend runningahead.com

It'll help keep you organized in your training, help keep tabs on how many miles your shoes have logged (since you're supposed to change them every 500 miles), and it'll keep you realistic for your race times.

Just make sure if you create a profile to go to settings>my log preferences>allow everyone to see my running log

and also to tell me the screen name so you can be put up on the site.

example logs:
Sri
Pat
Knapp
Brian
Nikki
Tang

No comments:

Post a Comment