Monday, April 12, 2010

Project Playlist: Music for Running

Miley Cyrus AND Jay-Z?




It's only natural that I report on two things that I like; music and running. Thanks to Apple, this group of runners has been issued iPod Shuffles and Nanos for training (with a small donation to Steve Jobs). Music definitely helps pass the time and even gives some a mental boost. Since these mp3 players aren't boomboxes, what actually is under the hood of the ear buds of these runners is a mystery that I'll uncover (What's on your playlist? Send your playlists and commentary in).

I'll go first.

Aaron Tang

I am always on a quest to: a) find music and b) run better which leads me to 8 (yes, eight (8)) different run playlists in a little over a year, I started with:
Over 100s of miles, the lesson is to run slower and longer on easy days instead of trying to pass EVERY runner I see. So I begin with slower BPMs then finish with faster BPMs because I lose gas after 30 minutes.

songs in the list:
Dance/electronic music.
Rap with a good beat.
Indie songs with a good beat.
Pop.


Explosions in the Sky-"Your Hand in Mine" (Friday Light Nights song)
Fashawn-"Samsonite Man"
Miley Cyrus-"Party In The U.S.A." (can't help but laugh and be relaxed)
Phoenix-"1901" (Virginia Beach playlist)
Tigercity-"Darkwater" (Virginia Beach playlist)
Memoryhouse-"To The Lighthouse (Millionyoung Remix)"
Phantogram-"Running From the Cops"
the xx-"Intro" (Apollo Anton Ohno commercial)
the xx-"Crystalised"
Blockhead-"It's raining clouds"
David Guetta-"Sexy Bitch"
Justice-"Genesis"
Justice-"Phantom"
The Heavy-"How You Like Me Now" (Kia commercial)
The Soft Pack-"Answer To Yourself"
Jay-Z-"On To The Next One"
The Cool Kids-"Oscar the Grouch"
Deadmau5-"Ghosts 'N' Stuff"
Lil Wayne-"A Milli"
Kid Cudi-"I Get It In"
T.I.-"Live Your Life"
Digitalism-"I Want I Want"
Death From Above 1979 "Little Girl"
Dorrough-"Ice Cream Paint Job"





No comments:

Post a Comment