Friday, August 13, 2010

Warning: Long Post Ahead

I. Fried Mushrooms
II. Immature humor
III. It's so hot
IV. Summer Mix (Kevin, I want a rebuttal)

Before this sounds like me boasting in verbal form, keep in mind I used to inhale Whoppers, chicken fried steaks, and corn dogs without blinking. Trips to Hope Dining Hall (the old one, R.I.P.) were had with no mercy as the typical fare was onion ring/bacon burgers with a self-made root beer float along with bags of Doritos (how'd I gain weight freshman year?).

Long story short, I had some fried mushrooms (in Texas?) at dinner in honor of my dad's birthday and the run after that was a shock to my system. With that, I thought while on the run, how do people eat out most of the time? The fried mushrooms (second to the fried pickle), sweet potato fries, the wing challenge and the Frankenstein Burger challenge (fellow runners/ competitors: Brian, Knapp, Nikki, and myself with Sri opting out of sudden edible death but that's another story for another day) are the only other times this year where I can say I've eaten fried foods which I've tried to limit along with limiting red meat and pizza.



(post-heart attacks with the free t-shirts to prove it)



I used to have a shock when I ate healthy and now thanks to running and trying to eat well, the script has been flipped. Am I advocating that everyone should eat like me? No, but if you do, get ready for a system shock.


What a Frankenstein Burger challenge does to my system from a resting heart rate stand point:




I found another blog that has two stories that I think are pretty relevant for us:

5k track meet

responsibility

and for myself, maybe why I don't like bikes





It's SO hot

The red panda in this picture perfectly explains the weather down here.



I hope no one called the police station that is 2 minutes away from the school water fountain since I once again dunked my head in to the water fountain to stave off death from heat.






And finally, since every thing I do and like must be shrouded in 15 layers of irony/rarity, some Tang-approved chill songs for the end of summer. While most if not all are unrecognizable, I made sure to not pick anything too underground while at the same time, you too will be able to impress your indie friends (all two of those weirdos).

Summer '10 Mix

Shad-Rose Garden (anyone that is able to throw foie gras and rose garden in a rap is OK in my book)
Kid Cudi-Mojo So Dope (methodical beat, confident...running song?)
Big Boi-Shutterbugg (most creative beat I've heard in some time)
Mark Ronson-Bang Bang Bang (Q-Tip on a Mark Ronson beat? No way)
Darwin Deez-Up In The Clouds (funny looking album cover, but definitely chill)
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros-Home (whistling, indie kids like whistling for some reason)
Tokyo Police Club-Gone (while a departure from older material, solid nonetheless and talks about the beach, runners, and water)

oldies:
Miike Snow-Song for No One (best concert I've been to)
Opus Orange-Roll On By (Vampire Weekend-esque)
Phoenix-If I Ever Feel Better
The Black Keys-Them Eyes
Danger Mouse-Somersault (Zero 7 feat. MF Doom)
Wax Tailor-Que Sera (How is this not in a Mad Men promo is beyond me)
Mocean Worker-Right Now (upbeat jazz, probably from a Lincoln Navigator commercial in the past 5 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment