Saturday, August 7, 2010

We're not in Providence any more

I. dual PR
II. what's the opposite of cabin fever?
III. Bolt v Gay duel


Congrats on the double PR yesterday to Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Knapp. What's even more amazing is that you are juggling working and had just taken down the NAPLEX and law. After seeing the two entries, I was hoping maybe Sean would have tried his first race. If he's down, I got an e-mail about a 5k at the Newport Half you guys were doing. That may be a good idea.



Well, I google "what's the opposite of cabin fever?" No answer. Well, I had it whatever this unnamed condition was. I didn't care that it was past sun up (re-enforcing my stop watch tan), but I was definitely being humbled by the heat at mile 3. Where I could run non-stop in Providence (well, minus the 30 stop signs), I lost steam half way through my long run today. At least it wasn't the lungs that were failing me but the heat and hydration took its toll. It was SOOO hot...

How hot was it?

It was so hot, I basically, no, I did take a shower at the Father's Day bathroom to cool down.

And I still don't count my walks for mileage or time (except one desperate time) but I definitely look at it like [nerd analogy commencing] connecting tricks in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Running is the awesome air tricks but when it comes to keeping it going, you have to grind or manual (the easiest trick) and in aerobic exercise, keeping that heart rate up but not above 160 for myself.

And now, I am going to try to train on perceived effort and record the time instead of racing the clock every time.




Gay takes down Bolt
in the 100m, I couldn't believe my eyes. Bolt lost. Hasn't happened in two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment