Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aaron and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad 4 Mile Run

Murphy's Law (not to be confused with Texas Rangers' David Murphy's Claw) struck Tuesday night. (David Murphy homered Tuesday instead).

There are 2 different paths I could have taken for my 4 miler.
1) The usual neighborhood path with a ton of side streets to watch out for
2) Underpasses galore to bypass main streets and more scenic

I chose 2 for the first time, even mapping it out. What happens?

Storm + lightning = scary flood

Jumped in to a huge puddle and I had to check my metatarsal pad which I moved around. Stupid me, the sticky part of the pad is only sticky for the first placement so I put the pad in my sock.

Also, due to my OCD ness of cleaning my white Nike shoes in Providence, they have a ton of soap in them. My shoes foamed after running through the puddle.

Floods = no usable underpasses, making me cross main roads and making option 1 a much better choice.

White Nike Free Shoes + Black socks + puddles = running around with wet shoes and more time washing shoes that have turned black.

(I wonder now why I pushed for the Providence Place trade with Knapp since my white shoes are now gray, like the shoes I traded)

And this is all while flying in the face of dirty shoes = an actual runner.

What does all of this mean? See ya on the track on Wednesday night for another round of intervals.

1 comment:

  1. How do you feel about using bleach for your shoes? lol

    Also, I saw that you have some sort of metatarsal malfunctions..what the heck is it and does it cause you a lot of pain?

    ReplyDelete