Thursday, September 9, 2010

Feelin' GOOD!


I only had to work until 1pm today, so I made it home by 2.
I keep telling Kevin that I need motivation to run, because when I'm at home, nobody else wants to run with me, so its up to me to get going...and I'm not a great self-motivator. One thing that Kevin told me yesterday that stuck out was that, even if I don't run the 13.1 miles, I should still run. That stuck out at me because it was kind of like saying, you don't have to run to race, you should just run because you can...no pressure. So I thought about that today and it really motivated me to push myself to run.

So I did!

I ran for 1:15:32 straight. No stopping, no dumb excuses. I just went for it. And I did about 6.5 miles according to google maps...and it felt AWESOME! I kept it at an easy pace, and I definitely could have gone longer, which I will do this weekend. After a certain point it just felt like I was a robot and my legs were moving and I wasn't even thinking about it and could think about whatever and enjoy the scenery around me. The one thing I don't like about the SK path is that there are no clear mile markers, so I can't gauge how much ground I've covered, but oh well.

Also, something unrelated to running: Lauren if you
are reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH for mailing me my sweatshirt!! I'll pay you back for postage and then some. :) You did, however, make a mistake on the envelope...so I fixed it for you. Here's how it should have been sent, just so you know for next time :) :


1 comment:

  1. After a certain point it just felt like I was a robot and my legs were moving and I wasn't even thinking about it and could think about whatever and enjoy the scenery around me.

    1. this is why I miss Providence.
    2. this sounds like a runner to me.

    ReplyDelete