Sunday, May 9, 2010

The India Point Park day

Broadway to Weybosset to South Main, up Wickenden, around India Point and back. Thanks to the JWU co-eds for extra motivation during the "back in my day, I ran uphill both ways" run.
(5.3 - 5.5 miles)

Half Marathon Runners:
Tang (NB 903)
Kevin (Free 7)
Knapp (Saucony Omni)

On run #1 of the day, Kevin mentioned we will forever be etched in to a guy's painting of India Point Park while we went down the hill going side to side like the hills in San Francisco.



Kevin said it was like running on a seashell. WHAT.

Record book for the team is up, scroll down on the left side.


afternoon 3 Runners + 2 runners from earlier:
Brian (Free 5)
Tang (Free 5) (don't adjust your eyes) 30 miles for the week, 300 for the year
Knapp (Saucony Omni) (two a days) 20+ miles for the week
Sri (NB)
Nikki (Asics?)

Thanks to the most studious running disciple/ pupil Knapp, the Tarahumara shuffle (aka the Sri shuffle) was demonstrated. Although some scoff, it definitely is the fastest way to run. Feet low to the ground, less impact, faster results? Might have to switch it up.
(Born to Run reference)

Book reports on Born to Run and Ultramarathon Man will be up shortly.

I guess we didn't learn from rule #34: Don't run AFTER Chipotle.
Also, people in cars, I don't know if running has given me more self-esteem but the stuff people scream out of cars is:
a) not funny
b) a waste of my time

heard from a frat-toting car their parents bought them:
"...keep ...going"

I usually never stick up for myself as a pacifist but I intentionally ran backwards to look at the car. I figure if they can out run me, they wouldn't be shouting moronic stuff at runners.



and while we preach teamwork and junk, the "friendly" gauntlet has been thrown down; Eamonn, you are getting called out for a 5k showdown June 12th.

What's a gauntlet (not the video game) you may ask?:

No comments:

Post a Comment