Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rooster run rubs wrong right foot

Nikki: I feel your pain in terms of people running past you then you passing them. I've definitely kicked easy runs in to races, but you know that from training with me. Fortunately for the new recruit, I no longer leave newbies if someone passes us if we are running easy (this won't last long, but I let it go and try not to sprint ahead).

Pat: Thanks for welcoming me in to the pre-breakfast club (great name by the way). Pat read my mind. I definitely feel like a proud parent right about now and reading about how the city of Boston takes your mind off the run makes me miss running around Providence that much more. And going down to Florida? AWESOME.

Speaking of Providence, that runner Molly Huddle whom I mentioned that ran the CVS 5k in 2008 may have run in to us while living in Providence since she trains on the same hills we traversed months ago.

New recruit has some bad news: right foot is hurt so that means no running for a bit as a duo. Also, in 5-6 weeks it's sionara as he sends it to Irving and out of suburban haven Plano.


Wednesday night, we agree on 6 am to run again.

So that means cancellation at 6 am via text. The good news (as I was u-turning back to my neighborhood) was that I'm up this early, might as well run instead of getting an hour of sleep. Temp at 76 and I have most of my lungs back (which is a great feeling).

And the 5k this weekend? Still up in the air for myself. I know there's no way I'm sniffing decent times or medals thanks to a stacked race. What would you do?

Go out there and try to run negative splits for once/ pace for the team -OR- not race altogether but go and support?


Failed blog name ideas: the jog blog

No comments:

Post a Comment