Monday, July 19, 2010

Starting From Square One

Hopefully I'll be off the injured list soon, but in the mean time I have realized there are some countdowns in order:

  • Blessing of The Fleet is this Friday--do NOT sprint with the front runners this time.
  • One month away until the beginning of my half-marathon training
  • 2 weeks until the monthly 5k race
While waiting to open a bank account (thanks to Hollywood, I can't help but scope a bank out when I'm inside), I realized in this blazing heat that everyone is complaining about, we could...

SWIM.

That's right, finally tacking on cross training to the regimen may help keep me injury-free (or less injuries) while keeping the ol' ticker going.

You know when you are a runner when...

you leave for work and there are 2 runners on the team taunting you. You want to skip work to go run.

you notice the floater pharmacist (the substitute teacher of the retail pharmacy world) has the same LunarGlides and wonder if he runs



Oh and to show Kevin I haven't grown too old and taken my finger off the pulse of indie music, Miike Snow concert and album get my stamps of approval and are vastly underrated. Unfortunately my discovery of the band came by way of Jersey Shore when they played my favorite song from this band, "Song For No One", which is perfect for the summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment