Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tang Goes Shopping for Shoes


Thanks to being the only person possible to catch the flu in the summer in Texas, I haven't run in 4 days and the best run-centric thing I've done is watched the Prefontaine Classic. With the flu impeding everything, I had some free time to help find running shoes for my family. Since I still have more than one iota of self-consciousness, I won't steer towards the Vibram FiveFinger gloves/shoes or the clunky Frankenstein-looking stability shoes. Again, I have gone against Bober's Asics mentality and I am about to be the proud owner of LunarGlide+ highlighter yellow sneakers. I feel almost like Bober and his Asics represent the Jedis and the Nike machine represents the Dark Side, then I stop thinking about that and think about how cool my new overpriced shoes look.



But wait, you are shopping for your family, you must be asking yourself. In a stroke of Knapp-like purchasing prowess, I had to pull the trigger on such a great deal. That deal?

52 bucks on Road Runner Sports right now.

52 bucks. Originally 99.99.

Joined the VIP club, got 10% extra off and free shipping. Randomly, the club has hotel discounts??

So now, I have staked my minimal running reputation on these shoes turning out well for Pops and myself. At least they won Best Debut from Runner's World and I half-jokingly wanted to buy these since those advertisements came out with the Halloween-themed first pair came out touting the rocket science technology in these shoes.



True Life: I am a newbie runner who has bought enough out-of-stock shoes to last for 2 years.
(needs a catchier title I suppose)

No comments:

Post a Comment