Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blessing of the Fleet in Narragansett, RI

Hey all, it's Jess! Writing my first contribution to the infamous Tang Clan Running Club blog!!!

As I sit here this morning, I am contemplating signing up for the 10-Mile "Blessing of the Fleet" Run in Narragansett.


I am to the point on the website where I can start to put in all my registration information and dig out my credit card for the $30 registration fee.


http://www.narragansettri.com/lions/race/blessingpg1.htm


It sounds pretty legit. It's the 35th annual event and it's put on by the Narragansett Lions Club (they know what they're doing, right?). Thousands of runners register for it each year. There are even walkers and wheelchair participants!


Is it really ranked #1 10-mile race in New England?? Well I guess there aren't that many 10-mile races that I can recall...


What is stopping me? Maybe the fact that I have never run 10 miles before! The furthest I have gone in my running so far is 8 miles... If you can do 8, you can do 10 no problem, right? And I'm going to be in Palmer, MA by the time of the race.. I think I can sacrifice the trip down to Narragansett for the race. It may suck but at least I still have places to stay in RI.


AND who knows what my "pharmacist" schedule will look like in a little over a months time...


Screw it! There is really no issue here, no question about it. What am I waiting for? I am going to just do it, whether my body (or current hectic lifestyle) will like it or not!


10-Mile Blessing of the Fleet Race held in Narragansett, RI. Friday, July 23rd at 6 PM. Starts at Narragansett High School and ends at the Towers on Ocean Road.


Time to start training for that... does anyone else want in? Please let me know! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment