Thursday, June 3, 2010

“Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand hills, a thousand victories.”

“Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand [hills], a thousand victories.”
Sun Tzu, remixed for running

Today would prove to be different knowing where the hills are located.

Runners:
Tang, A (Nike Free 5)
Tang, L (NB)
Tang, J (Asics)

If this were a race, I wasn't able to shake off Mom for 2 miles. I am a fan of Brian's hands to the side technique to relax the arms and shoulders while running but my Mom must have felt great enough to go 1-2 punch to loosen up. Those who know me know there is normal Tang who literally has a big head ... and then there's runner Tang who's head is figuratively a blimp. So an easy run turned in to a medium effort.

After running in the concrete jungle of Providence, I came upon some foreign, gigantic water bubbler/ fountain. I google'd it and it appears to be, (forgive my mispronunciation) sprinklers.





Yesterday was National Running Day. I think we celebrated the right way with running.

Brian-so close to 100 man. I'm starting the slow clap already for ya buddy. As far as the short shorts go, I really don't have a problem with them. Boxer-briefs, I do have a problem with occasionally. I'm still trying to master non-chalantly adjusting on the run. I'm glad to also hear Henry (for those who don't know, Henry is a plant that Brian adopted from IKEA) is doing well after the move from Providence. SMS blogging? :bows down: Toddlers and Tiaras huh? As long as its not House of Payne, it's ok. Yeah I've been channel surfing and am stuck on the new Cooking Channel.

Sri-isn't your neighborhood pretty safe/long? So no one runs in your sidewalk-less neighborhood? What a shame because I do recall a sweet hill to run up as well. My ONLY regret in life (dramatic Brian pause) ... was not running that hill before the cruise (single tear). I'm happy to hear you are still tackling hills like a champ. Running with more members soon? Jealous.

I hope the CVS-backed runners are having fun rubbing elbows with the higher ups. One of you, become the new CEO, hire me as another suit and I'll move back up to run with you guys.

Also, if you guys head down to Plano, I've already found bars with Widmer Hefeweizenfor happy hour, Wood Chuck Granny Smith, Ephemere, La Fin du Monde, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, and Banana Bread Ale. I haven't gone but I bet It's no Avery or Ama's.

No comments:

Post a Comment