Sunday, June 13, 2010

Greetings from Mexico



Image courtesy of Erica

It was very tough in Mexico yesterday since I wanted to know how the race went without access to the internet or my phone. Obviously the first thing I did after the trip was read the blog. Thanks to Andrew for putting a race report up for the gang. You guys all get a round of applause from me. Looks like the Y chromosome was in effect for pacing; that always happens. I would definitely have toed the line with the elite looking runners.

Brian, I'm assuming you were the one vote for Eamonn. Per usual, Brian, you were right. 1-10 in the polls.

Oh yeah, changed the blog's look if you haven't noticed. Figured it would make it look more professional.


Mexico:




(running in Mexico)




(pre-6 AM run hijinx in Mexico, trying to take the most epic facebook picture)


Runners:
Mom
Dad
Aunt Cindy
Chris
Aaron

3 days of treadmill and some outside running. As much as I hate treadmills, I think a majority of my miles came from them. Next thing you know I'll be :gulp: biking instead of running.

Got to run with some relatives whom I guess haven't seen me run lately since I got the mock-voice: Ooh my name is Aaron and I run every day.

What did I learn?

-treadmills max out at 1 hour

-I broke 1,000 miles not in RI, not TX, but on a treadmill. In Mexico. So technically, mil millas (espanol). Unfortunately, the next milestone (10,000 miles) will take consistency over 9 years. See ya in 9.

-the winner of Miss Iberostar (the hotel's own beauty pageant) decided to have a duel with me on the treadmill to see who could run farther. What she didn't know was that I was running a celebratory 7 miles for the Matty's 5k runners.

-Sri, I cut my miles this week down to 25, don't worry

No comments:

Post a Comment