Friday, June 4, 2010

Tempo Run

Today it was only Sri and myself on the Ashton Mills Bike Path. With the Matty's 5k fast approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to do some speed work. Sri and I walked for a mile first, then I started running at "tempo" pace, whatever the heck that means. I still don't really know what a tempo pace should be for me. I hear its a little slower than your "5k pace," but I'm not really sure what my current 5k pace is.

So, I ran at a level that made me breathe pretty hard, but not out of control, short breaths. I ran the first mile in under 8 minutes, which I think was way too fast for me. As pathetic as it sounds, this is the fastest mile I have ever ran... I was always the slow kid in gym class that didn't try (I know surprising that I didn't put out much effort, right?). I wasn't even trying to do something like that, but it is just how it turned out. Maybe, next time I'll go out and see what the fastest mile I can run is, because I was definitely holding some juice left in the tank for the rest of the run.

The next mile i ran at like 8:30 pace or so. I finished at only 2.2 miles in about 18:20. I probably, could have kept on going after a little walk break, but I saw Sri walking and decided I would take it easy. Sri had an off day, after 5 straight days...Tang what have you done to us.

One more thing, is that this is the most pain-free run I have had since the 5k. There must be something about my form that corrects when I go faster... something to look into for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement Pat... and yeah I would love to check out your plan (hushma3@gmail.com) Thanksssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment