Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pre-Dawn and Sunset Run

Nikki: I was just going to ask who's next to hit triple digits. Congratulations on entering the 100 mile club! Now all five 11 Grant kids (Knapp, Sri, Brian, Nikki, Tang) have 100 miles under their belts. Who would've seen this coming?

Knapp: 200 miles, brilliant. You'll be at 1,000 in no time. At your rate, you'll see it late this year, early next. Everyone looks to be doing very well. You guys have really upped your game. Why, I remember taking you guys out to run in Providence for the first time and making you guys do those weird stretches (that I do now)...single tear. It seems like only yesterday. I feel totally like a parent now.

Kevin: Although running on the balls of your feet are more natural, I guess you just have to do what's more natural for yourself. I'm assuming you're not doing your mileage in your Free 7.0s and you may need a more cushioned shoe like some Asics. Good job on the 8 miles KOB.




By the way, who all is doing that Blessing of the Fleet race so I can type your name in to the left column as entrants.


I wonder who'll be next to break 100 miles logged; Chris Barker, Sean Boisvert, Pat Henderson, Kevin O'Brien, or Lauren Serra?

Runners:
6:30 AM
Tang, H
Tang, L
JoAnn

8:00 PM
Tang, A (NB 904)


Thanks to my first day of work at Walgreens learning about immunizations all day at the district office, I decided to throw an easy 3.15 miles after work. I guess I'm not fully recovered from Montezuma and his revenge, running at about 50% strength.

upper body hierarchy of clothing:

Technical shirts > shirtless > cotton shirts

The next Plano Pacers monthly race will feature a mile race and a 5k. Seeing as how I am not back to my peak, I think I'm going to enter the mile race to set an instant PR and try something new. Should be interesting with 0 fast twitch muscle fibers. Medaling (top 3 in age group) may take me til the end of the year but I guess I'm going to have to keep re-evaluating where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment