Thursday, June 17, 2010

Greetings from NY!

I am sad to say I have not been running much at all these past couple weeks, once or twice since I got back from RI. I have been super stressed about studying for the NAPLEX and MPJE before I leave for STL and about when my applications will be processed for both Missouri and Massachusetts. I have been having so many issues with my Missouri application; it looks as if I won't get an ATT until perhaps around my birthday.

Moving onto running: Last night, I was feeling bad about not running, and felt like I was letting the team down, especially after reading all the blog posts [Congrats Nikki, Andy and Tang on all the milestones!] Andy gave me some words of wisdom, telling me to just go slow and get some miles in due to my brief hiatus. This afternoon I set out with those words in my head, and was feeling pretty good for the first 30-40 minutes of the run. I wasn't pushing it, just running with the notion that I wanted to run for at least 45 minutes, maybe an hour, whatever the distance was. At points throughout the run, I could hear Tang's voice in my head, saying "Relax, Sri" and motioning to unclench my fists, so then I would do the Brian maneuver and run with my hands by my side. At around 40 minutes, I approached this hill that kills me everytime. I told myself as I was going up it to not stop when you get the top (as I have done many times before) and keep running the route I had planned out. I know it's all in my head, because I was fine up until the hill and as soon as I made it to the top, I ran maybe 10 steps and then felt like I needed to stop. Not only did I stop for a minute or two, I then proceeded to detour and cut off about 3/4 mile to just head home.

Next time, the hill will not get in my head!

Runner: Sri (NB) 4 miles (12:23 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment